Sign Up to The Newsletter
Get scores, insights, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
Notice of Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 119th Annual General Meeting of the Northern Suburbs Rugby Football Club Limited will be held at the Union Hotel, 271 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW on Monday 26th February 2018, commencing at 6:00 pm.
2. To receive the Report of the Directors for the financial year ended 31 December 2017.
3. To Receive the Financial Report for the financial year ended 31 December 2017.
4. To elect the following Directors, whose term of office has expired, or have been appointed since the last Annual General Meeting, and who being eligible offer themselves for re-election, in accordance with the Constitution, as follows:
1. Tony Crawford;
2. Michael Callanan
3. Justin Tamsett;
4. Cameron Shepherd; and
5. Samantha Bertrand.
Any further nominations for the position of Director will be received up to 6:00pm on Wednesday, 21st February, 2018 for the election of Directors at the Annual General Meeting
Nomination forms are available from the Secretary to the Board on application.
The Club’s Constitution provides for a three year term for each elected director of the Club.
6. That Roger Cornforth be elected as a Life Member of the Club for rendering distinguished service to the game of rugby and the Club.
7. To announce the retirement of Tony Crawford as President of the Club, and the appointment of Grahame O’Donnell by the Board pursuant to paragraph 30 of the Constitution in his stead.
In accordance with the Constitution of the Club, proxies are not permitted.
Explanatory Notes for Special Resolution
Russ Tulloch and John Harkness, both Life Members of the Club, have nominated Roger Cornforth as a Life Member of the Club.
Roger joined the Club in 1971, and played both colts and grade, including a 3rd grade grand final and reserving for 1st grade. He toured with Norths.
After retiring as a player Roger served on a number of Committees and as President of Mosman Juniors developed a pathway for junior players into senior ranks at Norths.
As honorary solicitor as a partner of Holman Webb, Roger advised the Club through difficult times during 1992 when the Club found itself asset rich but unable to pay its debts as and when they fell due, and in relation to the refurbishment of the Cabana Bar, and he continued to provide pro bono legal advice up to 2009 including assistance at judiciary hearings, contracts, disputes and player contracts and overseas visas.
In all his contribution over many years has ensured the continued viability of the Club.
By order of the Board
29 January 2018